The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Zoned Out....

Steve kept asking me what I was thinking.. I was staring off into space more then once this morning when he caught me in that zoned out look.

I feel a little tired today, a little preoccupied with all I have going on in my life. There is so much I need to do.. want to do and only so much time in the day.

What has saved me from feelings of being overwhelmed is my todo list. It's my way to feel like I'm doing something, accomplishing something and taking action. It does not prevent me from worrying or from finishing everything on my list.

My Anatomy class has taken up so much of my time the last 2 days. I have a lot to balance in my life but it's a challenge I look forward to. Will I do it all? I'm sure there will be some goals that will get lost and have to wait it out for spring when I will be less busy.

With all this busy-ness.. how am I doing on my workout? Still running on the cross ramp for an hour and using that time to memorize, memorize. Still going 6 miles but realized I need to add 2 or 3 more miles of running every day.. that means either run outside (stop being afraid of the cold) and/or go back to the gym and run on the treadmill. At least do this until I can cross country ski.

I also don't have enough time to lift weights in the mornings so this extra gym time in the afternoon or evening will give me that time to lift more.. tone more.. There are still the under arm area.. tricepts that need toning.. plus, my glutes and abs.. Will they ever tone up?

Diet.. I allowed myself a day to indulge yesterday. The orthodontist has the best real fruit slushes and chocolate chip cookies. I just could not resist, after all it's a perk from bring Celina to get her braces adjusted. I also wanted some almonds and chocolate.. a good m&m combo. Today, back to eating rice/salsa.. more veggies and no cookies, cake and candy.

(I should have taken a photo of that slushy.. next time.. and I'll work on posting more photos.. later because I'm too zoned out right now)

No comments: