The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fasting ...and of the lost!

Do you fast very often? I use to be able to do it without really thinking much about it. When I was in elementary school I never use to eat breakfast and often in middle school and into high school would skip lunch too. I was never a big breakfast eater and even into my 20's I'd wait for lunch to eat.

Fasting is hard. It just makes me want to over eat later on. Which is exactly why it's not a good idea to skip meals even when losing weight. Better to have just a tiny bit, so your body doesn't think its in starvation mode and hang on to all that fat.

Today, I fasted and as a result, I skipped my breakfast and went right to lunch. My lunch today was at 10:30am but only because I got up at 4:30am. (6 hours). It was and still is tempting to keep eating even though I already ate my lunch. I opted for leftover cheese ravioli but only 7 and they were the kid size small round ones with a ton of sauce. I allow myself to have as much tomato sauce as I want. Chunky tomatoes and low in sugar 50 calories for 1/4c? Or something like that.. I probably had  3/4 C of sauce.

I lose jewelry too easily. Steve says I lose everything he buys me. I don't try. It's just jewelry is so easy to lose. I came home from our mini vacation to discover I was only wearing 1 earring. My favorite earrings and now I can't wear them anymore. One must have fallen out some where between home and Duluth and there was no use looking.. it was gone. These just weren't any pair of earrings . they were my workout, race and every day earrings. I'm at a loss without them. I'm hoping Target or Kohl's still has some similar?? This is why I don't buy myself expensive jewelry or wear what has been given to me very often. I'm bound to lose one or all of it...
_______________________________________________________________________


Do you have some favorite jewelry you lost? Did you ever replace it? 

No comments: