The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Hotel Treadmill Running around...

It really messes me up getting ready to run when I'm not at home. I had to fumble around in the dark trying not to wake up the kids. I had laid out all my clothes, shoes, ipod, watch, water.. but  not the caffeine. Plus, some how my clothes all got jumbled up and other clothes were thrown on top. I was not exactly quiet and ended up giving up using my phone as a light.

I finally made it to the hotel fitness center, if that's what you want to call it. There were 2 treadmills, 1 bike and an elliptical with a few dumbbells in the corner. I'm not complaining because after yesterday's all you can eat brunch buffet, pizza and cheese curds for dinner.. I needed to run.

I was super glad Steve joined me this morning. I'm not sure I would have ran the whole hour without him there. I was on a treadmill that was pre-programmed to only run 20 minutes. I had to re-start my workout 3x's and once during my run, I looked back to check out the clock and accidentally hit the emergency stop button.. not very pleasant way to stop.

We kind of noticed how all the people walking by the fitness room would have this look on their faces.. kind of like. "What the??" see they were off to eat the "free", complimentary all you could eat b-fast and probably could not understand why on earth would we be running/biking on vacation when we could be partaking in the feast only a few feet away.

Well, lets just say.. our weekend at the waterpark always confirms why I should work out and why I need to keep going. There are very few.. I'm talking I could count on one hand.. how many thin adults there were, now if I were to go a step farther and say tone and obviously worked out.. I'd be down to us and one other at the park. That's probably out of some 300 adult swimmers I noticed. Not good odds for those out of shape adults. I, don't ever want to join them again ... it's just not pretty. Funny how those same people looked a lot better with more clothes on..
 
(see the people in the back.. behind Celina..)

So here's the Ab pix I promised. Steve's being a good sport and showing off.. We both are starting tomorrow on the 2x's a day ab workout.. It's time and we are both ready after seeing all the rather large tummy's. (be kind on all the hair...)lol...

I also told him.. no sucking it in.. this has to be REAL..

________________________________________________________________________

Want to join us on the Ab challenge.. Tone up for summer.. (before/after ) pix? 

Do you like running/working out while on vacation? 

No comments: