The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Make It Public


There is no better way to stick with some form of weight loss or exercise plan then to make it public. It's one of the more difficult things to do. You have to get real with yourself pretty fast if there are people who will keep tabs on your progress. People like to see you succeed.. We all want others to feel and look their best and we want that for ourselves too.

Writing this blog puts everything out there. It's public.. anyone can read it. Does anyone? I have no idea, probably not. The point is. Anyone can read it and pass judgement. Good or bad and you might or might not hear about it.

I can tell you that posting my ups and downs with weight loss and some gain, with my daily exercising has made it 100% possible to keep going. It's a time to reflect whats working and what's not.. when I'm having good days and not so great days. When I want to quit all (watching my weight and exercise).. to when I'm all in and  ready to increase my workout and challenge myself to new and bigger goals. Things, life, people change day to day. One thing that is consistent is my need to keep recording my weight, workouts and everything else that goes along with my new life.

You have to ask yourself... what do I have to lose or gain by posting for all to see? If your ready and really ready to make a big change in your lifestyle, the choice should be easy. If your still in the pre-contemplation stage.. then no.. your not ready yet.. but maybe in a few days, weeks or months you will be. Don't wait too long.. It's time to take action..

Make it public.. do it now.. get started.. and enjoy the journey..


Anyone reading knows my current journey, staying away from cookies, candy and cake. Plus, I've added in limiting excess carbs or just plain old bread. I would like to lose 10 pounds.. up a little from my all time low and I never was at my  goal weight of 129...

I'm on Day 5! If you've been reading.. you know that Day 1 was really tough.. trying to get past the junk food cravings. Day 2 was easier and Day 3 I hardly missed any junk.. Day 4 (yesterday) I really wanted some chocolate or just anything.. I realized.. I was thirsty and just hungry for real food as it was almost dinner and I had zero healthy snacks. I try not to ever let myself get overly hungry.. if that happens, I tend to eat more, eat fast and forget to watch portions and what I'm really eating. I ate a salad.. then proceeded to have pizza. Yes, yes.. carbs! It's not like I sat down and opened up the loaf of bread and had some butter with it.. the pizza came with cheese, sauce, sausage and bacon. I could have used some veggies. I also had some wings.. no skin just the meat. I must have ate enough because that's all I ate.. a big dinner, but still managed to not eat junk, which was the biggest challenge of the day. So, I allowed myself the pizza / carbs. It's never going to be perfect! You have to bend here and there or you'll give up with being too strict! After all.. I'm in it to lose 10 pounds.

I didn't get out to ski yesterday but I did my crossramp/resistance. I spent far too much time cleaning and re-arranging furniture.. bringing in the new couches and re-locating the old couches. I'll have to do a post on hording.. It's kind of related to how we like to hoard our fat in our bodies.. we just don't want to let it go.. That will be a good later on post when I need a break from studying.. ACE test on Wednesday!! If I can study.. feel stressed and stay away from junk foods.. That's will power! I can do it!!!

No comments: