The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Only 10 more to go! Try this...

I have taken a test every Thursday now since the 2nd week in January.  I have 10 more to go.. then I'm done.. Done with my certificate for Personal Training at DCTC.. while I already am certified this just gives me more credentials. 

I also have 39 hours to go on my practical experience. A little over half way done! There is a light at the end of this tunnel! 

Good news! I have another Personal Training Potential Client.. now to call her back! 

Last night I got 2 free samples of this stuff your suppose to eat while racing.. Vi Fuel.. Even thought it says Chocolate.. the other Peach Cobbler.. it just is not appealing. I'm afraid of this stuff. Every marathon/ half marathon runner swears by this stuff getting them through without hitting the wall. I know from my first 1/2 that I should have drank water and probably tried one of these or stashed away some candies. 

I've read that I need to actually use this fuel and try it out before a a long run race.. I have to get over my fear.. Will I? Okay.. here it goes.. I'm going to open the chocolate and lets see what it looks like.. (I am still learning.. and I obviously have to learn the hard-way or why else would I have ran 4 miles in slip on tennis shoes with no backs!)

  There is it.. a thin. syrup like consistency and fake.. Hershey like ice cream topping taste.. but watered down. Not awful, but I could leave it too!

It was a gooey mess.. I'd hate to see what would happen if this packet exploded while running. It would look like you got the runs.. not a good look! I got it on my hands, the counter top  my shirt and phone.. Messy!
The ingredient list. I see caffeine .... at the very bottom, meaning it's the least amount since it's added on the label last.. 
100 calories.. not going to waste eating this whole package... 

No directions for use.. 
__________________________________________________
Any runners out there have any advice on when to eat this stuff during a race?
How many do you eat? 
What brand? 
What other things do you eat besides this stuff? 
Where do you stash it while running? 

4 comments:

HaeWon said...

Hi Lorraine! I just found your blog thru Beth's blog at SUAR.
I will either eat a gel or drink a couple sips of a sports drink after an hour of running. I think all the gels are gross but a neccessary evil. I stick with vanilla flavored PowerGels because they are the least offensive to me.
I safety pin them to the inside of my running shorts at the waistband. You can just tear them off that way when you need them.
Please visit my blog at http://momofalltrades1.blogspot.com/

Runbunsoff said...

Hi HaeWon,
Thank you for your comment. I'll have to try vanilla.. Is PowerGel a brand or is it another type of fuel?.. same as above, but liquid?

I'll check out your blog!

rarejule said...

It looks gross! But being the NON-runner, I will defer to those who have tried and true methods. Does this mean a marathon is on your calendar?? My SIL and her daughter run at Grandma's if you ever want to head up and watch that one. My family brings cow bells and goofy hats and cheers them along the way.

HaeWon said...

Power Gel is the gel that the Power Bar brand people put out.