The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Soup Weather

I've discovered some extra yummy soups. Progresso is one of my favorites for light soups. Just 60 calories in 1 cup, but who just eats one serving.. I go for the whole can of goodness... 
and down the whole 120 calories.

Loaded with veggies and barley
I should really start using my good camera and not my phone since the photos are not crystal clear.. I'm a picky soup eater.  I really don't care for beans even thought I know they are good for you, loaded with protein. I can do them in very small/sparse amounts. Thankfully, this soup does not contain beans!

I have to say.. I'll be eating more soup.. more of this one and some other veggie/pasta soups.. We definitely have the cold weather for a nice bowl of piping hot soup. Making better choices every day...

Tomorrow I start with whole wheat bread or more grains.. because I just should not be doing white anymore.. Steve was nice enough to point this out.. He did one of his.. "Your afraid of it".. I knew I had to take up the challenge! I'm hoping not only will I love it.. it will keep me more full for longer then the quick carbs of white bread.

____________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a favorite cold weather food? What's your favorite soup? 

What healthy diet changes have you made?

No comments: