The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No Happy Camper Here!

We drove out to workout this morning.. it took us over 5 minutes just to go down the road in what normally takes a minute. It was just too slippery out to drive all the way to the gym. I seriously was thinking it could take 30 minute to make a 10 minute trip. I also wasn't feeling very safe in the car, so we turned around and headed for home. I didn't even have to say much to Steve to convince him it just wasn't worth the risk of being on the roads this morning. It's like an ice rink out there on the roads, but from the news they said the highways were just wet. 

I'm not in a very happy mood this morning.. kind of irritated.. not just because I could not workout, because I was not able to study for the hour.. Celina decided she was not feeling well... which never happens... and is probably staying home. I think I had something to do with that last night.. I got it in her head that it could be too foggy this morning and school could be delayed. I have a feeling she's going to be home all day. I don't need anyone home on my day where I need to get a lot done. 

I just don't want to deal with anyone right now.. no requests.. no asking me questions.. nothing! I am not sure what got me in this weird mood and it can't be all lack of running this morning. I hate it when I am grouchy.. I need to stop! 

Steve and I or I, did some weight resistance this morning. I used the stability ball, my arm bands and 5 pound weights to do some floor exercises and a plank.. good old body weight. It did the trick.. got me all warmed up and I at least did something for 40 minutes.. I still want to run today.. maybe after Logan goes to school? I am also going to get out and cross country ski even thought I have a feeling it could be really icy. I'm willing to take that risk.. Tomorrow the temps are suppose to drop and if I don't go today.. I'll miss out! 

And nope.. no fresh snow last night like I was hoping.. It's either go back to bed for 30 minutes (power nap) or cheer myself up! 

_________________________________________________________________________

What do you do to cheer yourself up when in a bad mood? It's always temporary.. I just don't like to be in a bad mood.. so I just don't let myself go very long feeling like that.. I should take up boxing! lol...Get some aggression out! I just need some down time for me.. 

If you can't run or do your normal workout.. what's your back up plan? Today, it's ski.. run later and do a 90 min cardio class. 

What are your plans for today? (see above) add in study, advertise, go to school and nap.. plus I have some errands to run.. the usual stuff, G-store, bank and Target or walmart where ever I'm closest to.. that's where I shop. 


No comments: