The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Does Exercise Really Make You Sleep Better?

All of what I've read up on exercise list better sleep as a benefit of exercise. I have not experienced this myself. Here is it 2am and I've been awake since an hour after going to bed around 9:30pm. I usually am feeling tired around 8pm at night since I have to get up at 4:30am most days. I just could not take another minute of tossing and turning..

I really was hoping that I'd wear myself out with running and more exercise throughout the day. Plus, I have a pretty physical job where I'm moving and working up a sweat. I'm guessing part of the problem on why I can't sleep on a regular basis  is because when I'm not working or working out.. I'm sitting down..studying, reading or spending too much time on the Internet. It's winter after all . hard to get motivated to go outside for any length of time and I find reasons to not go out of the house in the cold. I just spend most of my time sitting.

When I was laying in bed trying to decide if I should really get up.. not really wanting to because I was pretty warm and comfy even if I was not sleeping.. Should I really get out of bed? Will I just feel extra tired tomorrow? Shouldn't I just lay here and take what ever sleep I can get?

As you can tell by the time of this post.. I did get up.. out of bed. I'm sure it has a lot to do with an assignment for my Anatomy class. I thought it was sent via the school e-mail only to discover today when I checked my grades.. It was NEVER sent! It was only 3 points. Not a huge amount.. It still freaks me out knowing even after letting the instructor know of my mishap, I might not get any credit. Every point in this class is going to help.. help me pass.. maybe get another "A". I was overly happy to find out she re-thought the points on the last test and I did make a A.. over 1 question. Now this assignment that I received a Fat Zero has taken away all my test joy... I shouldn't get so worked up.. but I do.. Probably why I could not sleep! Ugh!!!!

Not sure how long I'll stay up.. before trying to sleep again.. Just wishing it was morning.. so I could go run..

_________________________________________________________________________

What do you do when you can't sleep? I usually just lay there in bed.... toss and turn until morning

What's your bed time hour? Most nights 9pm.. Weekends maybe later and I try not to nap during the day .. but sometimes you just have to give in! 

What things freak you out? Not running (day offs), eating too much junk foods, photos of myself (never take a good pix) and life in general.. 

No comments: