The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, January 4, 2013

This is what I ate!

This is what I ate for lunch
I have really stayed away from eating Mcd's since I found out they were using pink slime in their hamburgers. Did I hear that August of 2012 they discontinued doing that? I do really like their hamburgers with all those tiny onions for flavor, plus all that room temperature ketchup. I use at least 3 if not 4 packages of ketchup with every hamburger I eat. Yesterday, I was unable to eat at home and the only place quick and on the way was Mcd's. I decided to not have fries and eat 2 hamburgers instead. Just the regular size ones without cheese and no pickle! Got my protein and more carbs with the buns then I needed. 

I did stay away from reaching for candy. Those rushed.. feeling of I need to calm myself with junk foods just wasn't there yesterday. I think that's just a day one symptom of your body trying to get you to cave. 

The kids wanted Crepes for dinner. Who am I to say no to b-fast for dinner. Plus, it's a way to eat jelly and not consider it junk food? I started off with a salad, low fat ranch and had mushrooms on the side. I then went on to eat a few crepes with raspberry & grape jelly because those flavors are the best! Steve also cooked some maple sausage. Salty/fatty and sweet all together. Who could resist. I still am following my plan... no candy/cake/cookies.. All okay. 

Today, we are headed for the gym.. and Steve brings up all my carb eating.. Bread, more bread and then some more. It's kind of getting back out of control. I use to just say No to bread. Well, now I have allowed it back into my diet and it keeps increasing every day. He's right.. I need to cut back not because he's afraid I'll gain weight but because he knows that what is best to do for a healthy diet. I need more veggies because I get enough servings of grain/fruit/meat.. I don't think Salsa will give me all 3 to 4 servings a day I need but I do eat enough of it. 

I already cut out the junk.. now to add limit my carbs (bread) intake! This one might be harder then  the junk.. I did it before and I can do it again. 

No comments: