The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Example!

I did it.. made it through yesterday without caving into the candy/cake/cookies temptations. I had my weak moments, where I felt stressed and was thinking if I had a little chocolate it would calm me.. What? What? That's exactly the kind of thinking I should NOT be doing. Chocolate, cookies and cakes won't calm me.. I can only calm myself. I felt rushed yesterday, trying to fit in too much and I wanted to feel relaxed and calm. I realized, I just needed to breath.. the kind of yoga breathing.. deep and be aware of breathing in and out.. I did that a few times and at least it distracted me from reaching for the candy jar. I also kept moving.. kept myself busy so I'd have zero down time to want to eat.. and eat senselessly. After all how can I get others to lose weight and be an example of fitness if I can't walk the walk? 

Here's me.. yesterday skiing.. I'm in my happy place. Can you tell? 

I cross country skied yesterday for an hour. I'm not quite to the same ski level I was at 2 years ago at the end of the season. I have another loop still to add on more ski time.. I'll eventually get there but for now.. an hour is plenty. 

I have a new phone with a new nice camera. I really only use my phone for e-mail and the camera.. well, I do use the phone but mostly check on e-mails. I should be able to post lots of photos now that I have the ability to do so. I can stay, I didn't care for stopping my skiing to take photos. I don't like stopping anything once I start. It is good to take some breaks.. It's something I need to work on especially during half marathons where I need to learn to stop, and drink some water. Good practice! 

Where is your happy place? 

Are you setting a good example? 

No comments: