The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wishy... Washy..

I have this love.. hate thing going on with races.. I'm being wishy- washy now.. I finally told Steve of my plans to maybe do some races this summer. One being.. this one.. I love Burnsville on June 2nd. 
I just was not expecting his "okay.. then do it". I just figured he would want to be gone camping or doing anything other then spending a Saturday morning waiting around for me to run and collect any place awards I might or might not get. 

This is me... last year 2012  - 5K race. I came in 2nd place in my age group for women. My first race of the year and the only one I came in 2nd.. the rest I was first in my age group. 

The only reason I want to run it again.. is to get my first place win! Is that enough of a reason to want to run it? I'd have to get a better time then last year.. 24 minutes and seven seconds. The woman who ran it faster then me got a 23 minutes and ? seconds so I'd have to try for 23 minutes.. that means I'd be running a 7 minute and 30 second mile. I can do it.. I think? It's going to hurt.. yikes! The only good thing.. it only hurts for 23 minutes.. then I'm okay. 

No comments: