The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Try.. Tri.. Tired..

I'm going to try and do a tri at some point this summer. I picked up some books at the library yesterday on how to train and all there is to know for your first tri. Is it going to help? I am not sure? The more I read the more I feel like I can't fully train until the weather is better. I must attempt this run/bike and swim now. I just want to see how it feels to do all 3.. 

I'm thinking maybe Sunday morning I'll do 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the indoor track .. back to the bike for 15 minutes and 30 minutes in the pool. Why the pool last? Just so I can enjoy the hot tub after.. I have my priorities.. 

Lets talk about all the new racing gear I'll need.. I already have expensive "real" running shoes.. What I don't have....a racing bike or a tri wet suit..or even a good swim suit. I'm not planning on investing a ton into this since I'm not even sure I will want to do this type of race. I've heard you can rent bikes? Hum.. Something to consider! I will buy a half wet suit since I can wear that for jet skiing too! Plus, I'll be doing pool swimming and who knows if the water will be too cold. 

What will I be doing Saturday? Looking for a racing swim suit! I can't even start to tell you what issues I'm going to have.. Lets just say, my body is not the same as it was when I was on a swim team.. some 30 years ago.. No idea of what to expect. 

Remember how tired I have been feeling... Come to find out.. I just might need more sleep then 7 hours or less a night then I have been getting. I came home from a long day of working.. to take a 2 hour nap. Solid tired.. and could not keep my eyes open. I also have not been eating the best.. I decided on Mcd's for lunch.. a hamburger with medium fries. I enjoyed every bite! Tonight was a combo of a lot of things.. frozen pizza, hot dog buns, 5 little cheese noodles.. and a scoop of java ice cream. I promise to get some veggies in there too if I continue to want to eat. I think I hear carrot sticks calling me.. I'm sooo hungry! 

There also won't be any Zumba or laps tonight... I'd like to.. but rest is more important for today.. after all.. I have a big workout planned for tomorrow. 

No comments: