The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What about those abs?

I hardly ever talk about how much I work on my abs. Just in case you wanted to know.. Every day! Yes, that's right. I do ab exercises every day any where from 10 to 15 minutes. It's not a lot of time but enough to give them some attention every single day. 

Do I have a 6 pack? No.. and why not? It's pretty much impossible to get a 6 pack without dropping to a really low % of body fat. I would really like to see a 6 pack but I have this problem.. It's called Food! 

What kind of ab exercises do I do? 
I only do ab exercises after I've ran for at least 6 miles. I also make sure I do a lot of stretching before so I work out any back aches and pains.. 


15 to 20 reps of leg lifts (bent knees & straight) 2x's
20 reps, front, right side, left side.. (I also add weights in front of my body up to 15 pounds) 2x's all sides
Incline sit up.. highest incline to make it extra tough.. 15 reps and just 1 set.. sometimes I twist from side to side.. 
Machine crunches.. 80 pounds lift 10 reps, 2 sets.. I don't do these all the time any more.. 
Lastly.. at home.. when I have time.. or am doing some warm up stretches I include some stability ball crunches.. just because they feel good and I do as many as I want..

It's short, quick and easy enough to fit in every day.. I also do planks.. but I hate it.. because they are HARD! It's also not an every day thing for me but it really should be.. 

It's also good to work your abs every day..unlike your other muscles, Your abs don't need a rest day. Your core.. (abs) are needed in every day life.. You got-ta work it! 
______________________________________________________

Do you have a 6 pack.. 4.... 2? 

How many minutes each day do you work those abs? 



No comments: