The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Seasonal Changes..

Seasonal Changes are great and they are also something to worry about. Its best not to think about going to workout.. It's too easy to NOT do it. I'm going to workout.. No ifs ands or buts! 

I have no plan today and more choices which makes it more fun and more complicated. I don't like complicated. 


Should I run the indoor track? On the cross ramp or  run outside? Should I swim and bike? What about weights..? I need to do my abs and work on my arm fat. 

I wanted Steve to bike while I ran this morning to the gym. I didn't feel like going alone. There is something about doing something new for the first time again.. I wanted to have someone with me. He said it was too cold outside.. 40's.. Sunny and no wind. What? Perfect for running.. not too hot, not too cold.. just right! 

Time to compromise.. I would get dropped off on the other side of a busy road, which I didn't want to cross.. and would run 3 miles to the gym meet Steve, do my abs, arms and then run to the drop stop and get picked up to avoid that busy road. Sounded like a good plan?

I really felt great running outside this morning. Time went by so fast.. I watched all the birds.. and enjoyed fresh air. I felt slower than last summer. My heart rate was around 140/151.. pumping hard. I still felt great.. no need to slow down. I even ran some intervals (speeding up and slowing down) between cracks on the path during the last 5 minutes of my run .. 


It was a bad idea was to have Steve pick me up 10 minutes from home. I should have just ran all the way.. I waited and waited unfortunately.. my stomach wanted to get home FAST! I decided to just run home.. got to the light and there he was.. ugh!! Now I had to run back.. all I wanted was to get home! Next time.. I'll just run home.. 

In all.. a great day to run outdoors.. no more inside for me! 
It's going to be 70 and I'm going for a bike ride!! 

Loving Spring..............................................
___________________________________________________

What's your favorite thing about spring? 

Did you run outdoors today? 

Do much biking? Swimming? 


No comments: