The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Line Dancing.. Or Old Folks Home?

I felt like I was at the old folks home.. no it was just line dancing.. 

I was really looking forward to this new class. The last time I line danced was in elementary school to Barry Manilow. I loved line dancing and wanted to re-live it once again.  I should have requested some Barry songs.. Copacabana and I Write the Songs. 

                                                   This was back in the 70's!

Line dancing hasn't changed much? Then again what do I know.. I was only 10 or 11. I did like it even if I was the youngest in the class by at least 15 to 20 years. 

Because this class was mostly (all - except me) seniors.. It was slow paced.. but I did find myself having fun and laughing. One of the last dances we did was 2 lines facing each other.. it was kind of like red-rover.. come on over.. Surprisingly when I didn't think as much about the newly learned dance steps.. I did pretty good. It's only when I actually was concentrating on the dance when I'd screw it up. 

If you want something completely fun and don't mind hanging with the seniors... I'd highly recommend this class.. So go out and Line dance.. Now where can I find some square dancing.. ;0) 

No comments: