The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, April 22, 2013

BLue..

Surprise! I really do own workout clothes in a color other then black or pink. Steve's reaction was something like this.. Is that your shirt? You look good in blue.. what no black today? 
I might have to wear this all week because I checked the weather report and we are going to get more snow.. 4 to 7" today and more on Wednesday.. Now I am feeling BLUE... 


I had one of those mornings.. I didn't feel like running on the cross ramp for an hour. What choice do I have? None.. It's either run or gain.. I choose to run because now after I put in my hour.. 6.0miles I feel great.. Glad I did it.. But it sure was tough.. This weekend I ran on an indoor track.. That seems easy.. maybe because it's just different and because I'm actually moving and not staying stationary. 


I love the library.. I picked up a bunch of books 10+ to get me all in the Know about a tri,.. how to train..what to wear, what to expect.. Do I take any advice? Not really... What I did find out after some research on the internet.. Tri bikes average $3500.. on up.. I think the lowest cost was $2000 for a bike.. I'll never own a tri bike.. I'm not that serious about it.. So what are my other options? Rent one for $160? Or just use the mountain bike I own.. or maybe just get a regular road bike. This is what I lay awake at night worrying about. What kind of bike should I get, use or want if I do this tri.. and maybe more? 
___________________________________________________

What do you lay awake worry about at night? over sleeping for training.. work schedule to fit in working out.. 

Do you love the library.. how many books is okay to check out? Love it.. No limit..  but I do always have over due fees.. 

How much do you spend on sport equipment, gym fees etc? I pay $12 a month for a gym membership and do volunteer work for the pool, track and classes (free), I spend the most on running shoes $130 and usually get cheap workout stuff. $5 tanks, $10 shorts.. my ipod was $130, heart rate monitor/watch (free/credit card pts) swim suit $20, goggles $17, cap $10.... I did spend $200 on x-ski's and $300 on downhill ski's but really not too much.. I'm also not adding in all the workout equipment I purchased.. weights, dumb bells, kettle bell, ladder, stepper.. etc.. 


1 comment:

cori @olivetorun said...

This is great. I wear a LOT and I mean a LOT of Black. I get made fun of a lot... until I found that quote that says "I like to wear black when I workout. It's like a funeral for my fat."
That just about sums it up!