The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I felt like Flipper!

I had a Flipper the dolphin moment in the pool. The first lap with my new swim cap, goggles and I added fins!
They just make you feel freakishly fast! I was swimming freestyle so effortlessly.. I just kept going and going! 

I think my new racing goggles and swim cap really made a difference too. The goggles were clear the entire time I swam.. I mean crystal Clear! The swim cap was nice how it came over my ears to keep the water out.. some what.. but what I did notice.. no hair in my eyes and it felt a lot more stream lined.. of course that could have been from the flippers!  I felt like a real swimmer today. Funny how just getting all the "Stuff" for the sport makes you feel official! 

I bring a crazy amount of stuff with me to the gym.. Towel, change of clothes, make-up, shampoo bag, phone, bag to hold my water bottles, key for my lock, study papers, swim suit, goggles  cap, watch, ipod.. and the list goes on... I should also bring my own hair dryer but I use the gyms instead of lugging one more thing.. 
I was starving when I got home from Running 6 miles (1 hour) around and around that indoor track... No biking.. and 30 minutes of swimming!  I had to make some pancakes.. followed by a slice of fruit tart.. it just would not be right if I didn't have some fruit for breakfast! 

_________________________________________________

Do you feel like a true athlete in a sport without all the "stuff" that goes along with it? 

Have any fun swimming workouts to try? 

Do you use flippers? 

How long was your run today? 


No comments: