The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Spin or Cycle is Not for me...

Okay.. I tried it.. I am going to try every class I can to do it all.. Just because I want to. 
(an odd pix of me.. lol..)

I was excited (see this mornings post) about trying out Spin/cycle.. I only screwed up a little.. Didn't know I was suppose to grab a cycle card to hang on my stationary bike.. Glad I didn't need it as the class was not full.. Had it been a Saturday, I'm sure I would have been out of luck!

So why is it not for me? 

I dislike having a sore butt...

I didn't like the music.. Men must like this class because 99% were men and age 50+. They are not as helpful as women.. I should have realized that right away.. 

I got really tired of hearing "gear up".. and "saddle up", "saddle down".. and in "5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. lets go.. " 

The results.. I did sweat a ton.. I didn't work crazy hard.. so when she said gear up.. I really didn't when sitting but I sure did while standing. I determined the standing portion was a bit like the cross ramp. Tension.. felt like doing hills.. and I was getting a good workout and wasn't killing my tail bone. I could have just remained standing the whole time.. but no.. up and down.. over and over again.. 

I couldn't wait for this class to be over as I kept looking at the clock. The last 5 minutes was stretch.. cool down.. I found a really great stretch. so I did take away this.. Stand on one leg, cross the other over the knee.. bend like your sitting down.. oh.. does that feel good! I'll be doing this stretch over and over again.. 

What's Next On The Class Agenda? I'm thinking Zumba.. and Power Water Exercises.. Completely different types of workouts.. This should be fun!!! 

No comments: