The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

If it's not hard.. its not worth doing?

Is that really a true statement.. that if it's not hard, its not worth doing? 

I don't think every day should be a hard workout day. In fact, yesterday I took the day off from running! I know... it's hard to believe that I would just.. drive home instead of running. Usually I don't give myself a choice. I'm on auto pilot.. just get up and go. My legs and brain start getting restless and I know it's time to jump up and go. 

Here's some of what I thought about running/workout out before I became a daily exerciser. 
- Sweat makes you feel gross
- I don't want to look like I'm sweating
- I didn't know how or what to do with the machines or weights
- I thought exercise would make me too tired to do anything else
- I needed to "save" my energy for actual work. 
- I thought it would be too hard to run for more then 5 minutes
- I didn't own tennis shoes or workout clothes

This is what I think about running and exercise now:
- It will make me feel better
- Sweat burns calories
- Working out makes me tone
- Running is a great mental release.. helps you focus and resolve any conflicts in your mind
- Helps maintain weight loss 
- Give me more energy throughout the day
- Makes me strong
- A great feeling of accomplishment
- I have a great selection of workout clothes
- Excuse to buy more shoes
- I've never looked or felt better in my life! 

____________________________________________________________________________

What did you use to think about exercise/ running? 

What are you looking forward to today? Pool Tabata.. never made it to the pool yesterday.. temps too cold and too many other plans.. so today is the day I try something else new!! 

What's your favorite type of workout? I don't have just one.. I love running when it's summer outside first thing in the morning, love cross country skiing, rock climbing, biking... 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RESPECT the rest days.... I can still hear my coach screaming it at me because at one point I wouldn't listen :)

Anonymous said...

It was great to have a rest day.