The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Power X.. & At home Workout

Needed to share our green food from yesterday..
Key lime bars.. Brownie/cheesecake.. 

I'm trying Water Power Exercise night. It's high-intensity exercise in the pool to increase strength and endurance. I use to love swimming laps.. swim team for years.. and swam all year round. It will be nice to get back in the pool and try something new. I'm not really looking forward the idea of the pool and winter. I'll get over it.. They should have warm pool water? I hope??? 


It's crazy blizzard snowing out.. so instead of going to the gym.. I opted for a home workout. After all  I do make a workout for my P-T Clients. I decided it's a good excuse to try out a workout I make up. Just 30 minutes. Here's My workout in case you want to try it too!

Stretch.. 5 minutes.. (laying leg/body twists on both sides) 
Hamstring/ Quad stretches, and arm stretches.. Yoga.. down dog, calf stretches.. 

Now on the the workout.. 2x's

1 minute jumping jacks
1 min Step up, step down (on stepper)
1 min step up, lift up right knee- repeat 
1 min step up, lift up left knee - repeat
1 min mountain climbers
30 stab ball push ups
1 min mason twist (core workout)
1 minute - stability ball over head, grab with legs bring down and up
1 minute stab ball crunches
1 minute stab ball, hands behind back, up and down
1 minute, side right leg lifts
1 minute side left leg lifts
1 minute stab ball, lift up butt off floor and down
1 minute jog in place

I'm a little concerned that I did not run this morning on the cross ramp. I always consider other exercises as extra. 30 minutes is not enough to call it good. While it got my heart rate up and did help tone.. It's not enough for today. I will be cross country skiing. A really good workout since I doubt the trails will be groomed. Makes it extra challenging.. 


No comments: