The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Feet Failed Me!

Gentle yoga was very gentle.. but I didn't come away sleepy like I did the day before when trying Fitness Yoga. Maybe that was a good thing today because right after was my High Energy "Step" class.


This is not a beginner Step class unless you are really good at dance or following foot steps in all directions at a very fast pace. I'm not a dancer. I've always been challenged with following footwork.. let alone trying to use my arms at the same time. This class had me spinning 360 degrees. How am I suppose to figure it out if I'm turned around in different directions. I had to laugh at myself sometimes. It took everything in me just to pay attention and try to keep up. The foot work was so fast. I barley figured it out and we were moving on to the next step.. no time to figure that out again. I can see where it would be super fun once you learn the standard moves. I have the very basic ones down.

I was glad to see the same women (a beginner too) in my 3 classes this morning. We both started off with Yoga and then went on to the step. She was just as confused or more so then me. I felt so much better and the instructor.. (over weight herself) was at least re-assuring we would eventually master the steps and not to get discouraged if it was our first time. I might add.. the class was really full. I am sorry to the women behind me that had to watch my confusion.. I hope it didn't screw them up too.

The core class was good but we had to hold a plank for way too long.. Again the over weight woman did the class and she did not do the plank hold. Wonder why! Makes me think.. with all the group trainers out there.. why do they have over weight.. older women leading the classes? To make you think anyone can do it? Got to wonder???

What's next? Not sure.. I did read something about Line Dancing.. Will my feet fail me again?

No comments: