The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

How Much Is Enough?

I ask myself that every day "How much exercise is Enough?"  Seems when ever I have any spare time.. not much these days.. I try to fill in the void with exercise. 

I know for people who don't exercise the government recommends at least 30 minutes 3x's a week or is that 30 min daily???.. I really need to look that up again. I can't imagine only getting in 30 minutes for a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes a week! I do more then that in one day!

It's not that I think I don't get enough exercise in 1 day.. on the average I've been going 2+ per day.. probably more like 3. Maybe I don't work hard enough when I do workout? I don't always feel sore the next day. I mix up my exercises with cross training. So, I think I'm doing the right workout. 

I listened to an ACE Webanar (Internet web cast) yesterday afternoon on speed training. I got bored with it fast and started surfing the Internet, so unfortunately I have nothing to share, other then what I already know.. to get faster you have to do intervals. 30 seconds of fast... followed by rest and repeat..or how ever long you determine will be your speed interval. I'm just not crazy about doing any type of interval training. I like a steady mid-fast and some what hard pace... I dislike going super slow.. to rest so it has to be mostly some where in between. 

Exercise.. running is not all I think about during the day.. 

I actually checked some things off my todo list.. this is one of them.. 

I finally figured out where my "Women on the Run" will meet.. Walnut Hill Park.. doesn't that sound like a nice place? 

It has a covered picnic area (in case of rain)... a park/play ground... plenty of open space and a nice wooded paved trail that runs by a pond.. plus its fairly flat with a few tiny rolling hills.. if you call those hills. I checked with the city and we are good to go.. 

I have another problem.. as you can see.. my girl.. needs a little refinement.. I know a graphic designer so I need to contact her and see if she wants to swap services. I need to start working on my booth for the health fair.. a banner, flyers.. etc.. 

________________________________________________________________________________

How much exercise is enough? 

Exercise of choice? 

Ever swapped services for something? 


No comments: