The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I met an Olympic Runner and I didn't know it!


Last night I went to a Runners Movie Premiere.. "There is no finish Line"
Joan Benoit was the first Marathon Runner to win the Olympic Metal.. to this day.. she is still running... a very inspiring movie..

I had to laugh at myself later.. I met this woman who Interviewed me about running. I thought she was a new type of reporter.. I had no idea she was a former Olympic Runner until the movie was about to begin and they introduced Carrie Tollefson. I actually asked her if she was a runner! I asked an Olympic runner if she ran!.. OMG!!  at intermission I had to go ask her for a photo and to tell her that I was laughing at myself for not knowing.. She was very humble and kind .. I enjoyed our conversation both before the movie and after.. 

Here some info about Carrie.. and you might see me being interviewed on her website at www.ctollerun.com/


Carrie Tollefson

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Carrie Tollefson at the 2011New York City Marathon
Carrie Tollefson (born January 18, 1977 in DawsonMinnesota) is an American middle distance runner who was on the US 2004 Summer Olympic team.
Tollefson ran collegiately at Villanova University where she won the 1997 NCAA Cross Country Championships and the 1999 NCAA Outdoor and Indoor 3000 meters and Outdoor 5000 meters. She graduated from Villanova with a communications degree in 1999. At the US Olympic Trials in 2004, she won the 1500 meters. She competed in the 2004 Olympic Summer Games, making it to the semis in the 1500 meters. In 2004, she was ranked #1 nationally by Track and Field News.
In 2006, she won the 4K race at the USA Cross Country Championships, took the 3000 meters US Indoor National Championships and was ranked #5 nationally at the end of the season. She now holds a distance camp at St.Kates, for teens.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What famous people have you met? And where/how? Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Murray, Reese Witherspoon, (in a movie with all 3) Joan Rivers (fashion show)

No comments: