The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Where are you Penny?

How fortunate was I today? Just as luck would have it on Friday the 13th.. I got to the rail road tracks where I placed my penny 2 days ago just as a train came along.. 
Did I ever mention how long this train was? And how S L O W.. it was traveling? Not to mention.. it's a bit chilly outside..

You can tell I am not good at waiting.. I was rushing to get to this very spot so I could check on my penny in hopes it was flattened to a pancake.. and here I am still waiting.. 
Okay.. at last I see the end in site! Now to collect my penny!

At first glance I didn't see my penny.. then what do you know.. it slipped down between the tracks and was wedged below the track.. 
I just assumed that since the very long train just rode over the track it would be H O T ! I took precautions and poured my bottle of water all over the penny and track.. just to be on the safe side. No one wants to look foolish and have a penny rail road track burn..on their fingers.. 

There it is.. my squashed penny.. 
I couldn't resist.. I added one more penny to the track so tonight Steve can find the flattened penny.. 

I didn't exactly do the whole workout that I wanted to do this morning.. Given my really late start in the day.. I need to be doing other things.. So I crossed off running and figured 11 miles of biking was good enough for now.. Plus I did my squats and stretches.. 

I'm going to spend some time today and figure out my Garmin forerunner 110..
I still have sooo much to learn.. 

I do have to share my fun new top.. its the HELLO.. I'm here on the side of the road.. so don't run over me BRIGHT YELLOW shirt! I also have matching running socks just in case you wanted to know.. Hey.. you got to do everything in your power to make sure your safe! 



No comments: