The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

We call it out.. as we see it!

I was supper happy to pass on my trusty heart rate monitor-  workout watch to Steve. It was a moving moment.. well maybe for me.. not so much for him. 
We do fun things and call it out as we see our heart rates go up and up.. 150.. 158.. We have a fun fascination with seeing who has the harder working heart. I'm so happy he can share in the fun outdoors too.. because we do this inside while working out on the cross ramp. Its kind of our thing..calling it out as we see it!

A sweaty 15 mile bike ride today.. but aren't they always? I'm learning not to be so ridged about my workouts.. letting us sleep in a bit longer on the weekends.. Usually I want to get up before dawn.. stretch and be on my bike just as the sun is up high enough to be safe. I'm trying to be okay with biking much later.. it's tough, but I love Steve's company.. its just too far for the kids.. and they are okay with not going this far!
We really like our Saturday morning bike up to the store where we picked up fruit and donuts then rode to Starbucks.. 

I should have taken a photo of all the other bikes parked out front.. We definitely aren't the only ones who figured out this is the best way to spend a morning and get in some exercise on the bike!

I just can't do coffee-hot chocolate on a hot day.. when I'm all hot and sweaty from biking. I will do an ice water, fruit and a powdered sugar- lemon donuts!
I was happy when the kids wanted to bike with me too! I ask all the time and today.. they were excited to go around the neighborhood!

We biked 2.5 miles.. in 16 minutes.. We are going to have to do more family bike riding.. I let Celina use my mountain bike while I finally got to use the new tri road bike.. Then I had a great idea!! Why not let Celina ride the tri bike. She was pretty impressed at how fast and easy it was to bike up hills.. 

When Logan gets a bit taller he too will be able to ride the tri bike. He's still getting use to his new bigger bike..  A family that bikes together... stays happy together! 

No comments: