The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I never feel good about extra sleep over running!

Its so true.. even when I might think I'd like to sleep in.. you will never hear me say.. wow.. so glad I slept that extra hour instead of running and feeling better! 
As hard as it seems to get going some mornings.. I love the way I feel after a lot of sweating.. This morning it was a 4 mile hilly run. I did figure out my GPS and now know that each mile I run faster then the last one! I'm still not speedy.. average 9.5 minute mile.. for a leisure Sunday morning run.

It's a good thing I learned to like working out.. running, biking, skiing or what ever it takes to burn calories and keep off the weight. This morning we went to a pancake breakfast! 
This is a Nelson Family Tradition..that's been going on 40+ years!
I have to say.. these are really good pancakes and we all look forward to it. 
Just had to share this cloud pix.. It looked 100x's more spectacular in person.. 

Another really cool thing.. this was the Tri I was going to take part in today.. It's called my first Triathlon . In White Bear Lake. We just so happen to be in the area and took a drive along the lake.. only to come across the final stretch of the tri.. I'm super envious that these people now can call themselves a triathlete  How cool would that be! I opted after all my training, bike purchasing to not do it this year. I wanted a GPS watch and the entry fee into one of these races pays for my new GPS watch.. I'm set next year and will take part in a triathlon  That's if I can get past the swim in the lake gross out feeling.. 

I'm really working on the fixing my hair and wearing it down.. I'm soo tempted to throw it in a pony tail.. you have no idea.. of the will power this is taking on me! 
More driving today to Mankato for Logan's soccer game.. 

Cheering section!! Go Logan!!!

They lost 2 to 1.. in the last 5 seconds of the game..


No comments: