The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Hit them really hard!

Made it out to bike 14 miles! It was a rough morning with the rain-thunder storms. Nothing like throwing off my whole morning workout schedule! 
I have a ton of hills on my route.. most are on the dirt roads which does not make biking easy at all.. I tell myself.. "just hit them hard, as hard as you can" I peddle up as fast as I can till my legs burn.. and I'm panting, gasping for air.. heart racing higher and higher until I reach the top of that hill.. I use to be super cautious coming down hill.. I'd have my hands on the breaks.. slowing down and not going too fast.. I didn't want to lose control and take a bad tumble.. off my bike.. Now I'm feeling fearless.. I lean into the hill.. getting as low and aerodynamic as I can.. peddling faster and faster.. until I feel like I'm flying down those hills to get enough  momentum to help carry me up the next hill.. 
I might not bike 20 or more miles per day.. but I put in 79 miles this week of hitting them hard.. mile after mile.. 

only a measly 12 miles of running.. but that's still more miles then I use to be able to run 3 years ago.. 

No comments: