The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I had other plans..

Instead of getting up at dawn to go bike or run this morning.. We drove up to the lake.. 
It's that time of year where the dock must come out of the water.. and this was the only day to do just that! I'm great help.. I'm super good at sitting on the far end of the dock.. holding it down with my weight so Steve doesn't have to end up in the water.. 

To think.. I didn't even wash my hair or shower for this nice fall day.. 

16 years ago we planted two apples trees. One turned out to be a mix of crab apples and very few apples.. Don't ask me how that happened?? The other tree is loaded with apples.. 
I'm going to be making a rustic apple tart with these.. I think they are Sweet 16 apples?

Time to pack up and say good bye to the lake.. until next spring 2014.. 
To make the most of our Saturday and long drive.. We found a Winery close to the lake.. on the way home.. What do you know? Free wine tasting! 
If your in Melrose, Minnesota. Go visit this winery, Whispering Oaks. It's been open since 2005 and has positively the best wines that I've tasted! I am picky.. out of the 8 wines, go figure the one and only one I didn't care for was a red oak wine. My taste buds have a lot of growing up to do.. 

It was a really nice winery.. and we've been to a few so we know when we find a good one.
We had so many favorites.. we ended up buying 3 bottles of wine for Thanksgiving and Christmas.. I guess we can share. 
We also stopped at the Depot.. We've passed it on by for many years and I always say.. some day I'd like to stop there and have a look around. Today.. today was the day we stopped! It was a kitchen gadget store.. lots of tasty samples and a wine -liquor store with a tasting of 4 wines.. While I was not impressed with the wine samples.. I did come away with a x-mas gift purchase and not even for us! 
Our last stop of the day was to Albertville mall.. Another great place to shop at all the outlet stores.. We pass this place way too many times and I never get a chance to look around. Today we only had time to check out the Coach store.. We were on a mission to get Celina a purse.. But which one? 
It was 50% off day and the lines were long getting into the store.. and paying..  I ended up with one of these purses but I really wanted both.. just in case Celina only liked one and not the other.. Who couldn't use a new purse.? Well.. I do have plenty.. 
Have you heard.. Mcd's is now serving chicken wings on it's menu.. They aren't cheap.. in fact it's $9.00 for 10 wings.. we were both impressed with the taste of the wings and will definitely get them again.. They were out of Buffalo sauce so we ate them plain.. Still really tasty and spicy! yummmm..

I wasn't a complete blob today.. I did sit in the car for 4 hours.. ate greasy food (chicken wing) but I still got in my 50 squats and really thought long and hard about running when I got home..you know me and my later on running.. It's not going to happen.. I do feel much better now that I'm all showered and clean.. At least I'll start out fresh tomorrow.. 
_________________________________________________

How did you spend your Saturday? 

What's your favorite store? 


No comments: