The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I've never Cried so much while running!

A pretty big temperature difference from yesterdays warm bike ride to today's cool 40*F 8 mile run. My eyes would not stop watering and I had tears running all down my face. I've never had my eyes water this much, and I wasn't even crying! For Crying out LOUD! Thankfully, my eyes and body adjusted quickly to the temperature change. 
Before you know it.. I was peeling off all the layers. The first thing I always take off is my gloves. I have no idea of why my hands get so hot. 

I think no matter how cold or hot it is, I love wearing these knee length leggings. Maybe I'll change my mind when it's below freezing but for now PERFECT! I also decided in cold weather to wear many layers of shirts. 2 extra today and they came off within 30 minutes and I was down to my summer tank top and sweaty! A beautiful crispy, sunny morning. I wanted to keep running past 8 miles but we have breakfast plans that I didn't know about.. 
This is not the best look but at least it keeps my ears warm. Which is the most important thing because it's really no fun being outside freezing. My plan today was to run at least a half marathon distance and do my daily 50 squats. Will I stick to my plan? Good Question???? 
Sundays distance: 8 miles
Running time: 1 hour and 24 minutes
Average pace: a slow 10:25 minutes per miile

Total running distance this week: 32 miles, mostly hills
Total Biking: 14.5 miles
Total Squats: 6 days - 50 per day!
Total resistance training: 3 days or ~45 minutes



No comments: