The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Easy to Indulge

I like easy days.. where you can sit, read and enjoy a beautiful day. In running your suppose to have easy days followed by a harder run. I sometimes think every day should be hard. 

It makes for a nice day when I do take the time to do things I enjoy. One of the things I like is a trip to the library for tons of new books. 

I always get a mix of diet books, running, tri, biking, skiing or what ever catches my interest at the time, like how to raise goats. 
This morning it was hard getting out of bed to run hills. It's  not an easy workout but I can make it easier by running a lot slower. That's exactly what I did.. and I felt good about my running.. nice and easy through thick fog today which was super cool looking. 

I spent the summer indulging in tasty treats and enjoying life.. I ignored the scale, which I use to weight myself daily at the gym. Since I didn't go to the gym, running outside instead or biking there was no scale to keep weighting myself. It could have been a huge disaster. Come to find out.. I actually lost 2 pounds over the summer. While I never did lose the 10 I had planned. I'm pretty happy I'm right where I thought and actually less. I might have indulged, but I keep working out, kept running, biking and swimming to keep burning calories and keep fit! Muscles do weight more then fat..and muscles burn more then fat.. 

No comments: