The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A lot of changes in one day...

I am kind of having a hard time with the sudden changes in our daily life.. Summer is so easy..back to schedules, todo lists and getting up early. I think we are all somewhat ready for a change. It's a good change. The kids are a grade older.. Celina in 8th grade and Logan in 5th this year. 



We have band for both kids, soccer for Logan and Tennis for Celina. 

Steve and I even have schedule changes. Today was our first day back to the gym.. I ran on the treadmill for an hour on 5.9mph, hills up to 2.9 incline. A tough first day back workout.. and my last 2 week break from any type of running. It felt good and hard.. I really noticed a decline in my strength as I was doing all the same weights from the spring.. my abs got a 3 month break and so did the rest of my body from resistance training.. Fall.. winter.. and spring.. time to up my metabolism to not back on anymore pounds.. 

New schedule means more time for me to get things done.. Today not only did I run and lift weights... I'll be doing my bike route all 11 miles. Baking cookies for the first day after school snack.. and making time for a pedicure for me... 
Did I mention how tough it was to ride 11 miles after running 6 this morning? 

I think we all had a super 1st day back to school.. Celina and Logan both came home super happy!


I'm one of those Mom's who bake.. so chocolate chip cookies for an after school snack is a must have.. even though I spent their school day doing what I wanted.. Biking, shopping.. I managed to make cookies for my kids..

Yesterday.. I had to make my absolutely favorite thing.. Homemade Best Ever Banana Bread!
Who can resist the banana bread with chocolate chip combo?




No comments: