The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Mental Toughness!

Life is not all rainbows and sunshine.. But today was a full Rainbow.. and I am so thankful for that!
I really thought I could run today.. I ran down the road.. only to turn around realizing my toe was not ready for a four mile run this morning.. Good thing I have a back up plan! 
It always feels good to get out regardless of what I choose to do to keep fit.

I wore my new bright orange tank top, a good friend gave me for my birthday.. Love it! She also gave me some fun nail polish in navy blue.. such fun new colors!!

I came home and could smell cinnamon in the air.. Steve had my favorite breakfast.. Cinnamon bread french toast with our real maple syrup from Grand Marais, just waiting for me, piping hot and so very good! 


Getting back to my life is not all rainbows... but you can turn it into that.. It's called mental toughness. I have a secret. Exercise and being fit makes you mentally tough..

I was called a "Teenager" this week.. 
I am happy to be called a teenager! 

  • Teenagers are fearless
  • Teenagers have so much potential
  • My teenage daughter is beautiful on the inside and out.. that's a good thing.
  • Teenagers aren't afraid to speak their minds
  • and the list goes on and on... May we all have those qualities!
I was also told I lie. 
  • So does everyone else.. I am not special or unique or any different from anyone else on this one.. As everyone lies!
  • I admit.. I've lied to my kids.. There is no Santa, or Easter bunny.. 
  • I've lied about my weight.. to myself, on my drivers license
  • I've lied about my where abouts.. because no one needs to know where you are 100% of the time.. Heck I have trouble remembering what I've done the day before! 
  •  I tell white lies .. I don't mean to do it, nor does anyone else. We all do it.. It's just not me!
  • I am also horrible at lying.. I have a bad memory so I always say: being honest sounds a lot better then making up something. Even if it doesn't make you look good!
___________________________________________________

What have you lied about? (see above..) 

What names have you been called? Lorraine the pain - You can guess who called me that.. and she's not in my life!

What have you turn into a Rainbow? 

No comments: