The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

It hurts looking into the sun

I have no eyes in this overly bright photo.. It hurts looking directly into the sun.. 
I ran 3.7 miles to the local coffee shop (Steve biked).. we ate donuts with water & coffee then ran home same distance.. I love running along with Steve while he bikes. We can talk or not and I can go any pace I choose and not have to worry about if he's keeping up or not.. Time goes by really fast and I had a super good run today. Go figure!! 

I really think my improved running had to do with this:

1. I got to sleep in until at least 7am
2. I ate bread with Peanut butter ((Carbs/Protein) to give me energy)
3. I ran easy the last 3 days on the treadmill
4. I rested a full 30 minutes between running 3.5 miles.. 
5. I was running outdoors
6. Steve was biking along side of me.. company is always nice.

At the half way point.. another younger woman jogger crossed my path.. or I crossed hers.. To me, this means a challenge! She probably wasn't even trying hard to run fast or to keep up.. It was probably her every day run, but I pretended we were racing.. see I skipped running the 5K race today because I didn't feel I was ready. I didn't run all winter.. and I didn't feel I trained enough to give myself a better time so why run it? I'll do it next year and who says you have to do the same old, same old races every year? No one!!! So it was on.. I ran hard but it felt easy.. and what do you know.. Steve said she was at least a minute behind me when we got to the top of a very big hill. I never take hills slow. I want to get them done! I always like checking my heart rate as my body works harder and harder and I'm breathing hard.. It maxed out at 161.. the whole run I averaged around 141.. 150.. and that was coming off running the last 3 days around 125... So it does feel a lot better to take a few easy days and then when your feeling good.. the hard runs are not that hard. I felt great!


This is what our back yard looks like.. A jungle of dandelions.. Off to get some gas and mow.. mow.. mow.. to burn, burn, burn some more calories.. Because I just ate this... 
A delicious homemade BMT... Pepperoni, salami, ham sandwich.. with onions, lettuce, onion, salt/pepper and red wine vinegar.  
__________________________________________________

Do you like to mow the grass? Yes, love seeing a freshly mowed lawn.. and it burns calories without feeling like your working out!

What do you like on a sandwich? Turkey mostly..

How many miles did you run? or how long did you workout? 7 very hilly miles in aprox 70 minutes 

No comments: