The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Carb it up.. loading at it's best!

Carbs are not always your friend but they sure taste good~
I was trying to be a good mom and actually prepare food for breakfast for my kids instead of seeing what cereal they wanted. 
I can cook when I try.. and today after a 7 mile run this is exactly what sounded good to me.. 
Logan for some reason did not want waffles . he wanted DQ's toast. Well, I'm not DQ and I'm not going to drive to get toast at 10am... So I had a great idea. We could toast the bread in the waffle iron and see how he liked it.. The bread looked pretty weird but he liked it.. with extra butter. 

I mentioned something about trying to eat healthy.. oops.. I'll fit in veggies and fruit the rest of the day, I promise! 
I also felt great on my run this morning. I had a great night of sleep and what do you know.. got up at 5am.. then fell back asleep on the couch until 8am.. I felt rested for the first time in ages. Makes all the difference in the world to my outlook and energy level.. I'm already feeling 100% better.. I'm learning.. I need to be less ridged in my running / working out schedule.. rest is just as important to feeling good! 

No comments: