The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I had a GREAT idea!!

Due to all the boys soccer this June on Weekends and endless complaining from Steve about not being able to get out of town. I came up with a plan to still get the most of out a weekend at home. 
This was last falls 1/2 marathon in Belle Plaine. This year we will probably be in Florida during it, so I came up with the idea to run it on the weekend. I'll drive out to Belle Plaine with a bike in the back. Steve will ride his motorcycle and we can take all the back roads. I'll run my 13.1 miles while he bikes along side me.. Good marathon training.. and a great way to spend a nice weekend day. This is all if the boys game is later on in the day. I still have to figure out what time the game starts next weekend.
Dots are my absolute Favorite candy and I even choose them over chocolate! I buy them often and think I'll save them to use as fuel on a run but I end up eating them all and never have any the next day for running. I really want to try this out for my 1/2 marathon run.. I think it will give me the energy needed to not feel like crap after 13 miles. 
I felt like crap after I crossed the finish line because I only had 1 banana and 3 almonds before running 13 miles and hardly any water. I had no idea you must eat to not hit that wall. Luckily.. I didn't experience "hitting the wall" until mile 13.. because the last .2 miles were the hardest until my kids ran the last few feet with me. I don't know if I would have made it without them.. I felt like I was going to pass out on the spot and I don't ever want to feel that way again. So no more Walls for me! 

I'm feeling a little smarter about my running.. and I love my Great 
Idea!
_____________________________________________________

Have you ever "hit the wall" in a race? 

What's your favorite fuel for a long race? 

Any great weekend plans for the summer? 

No comments: