The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, June 28, 2013

You can do anything you set your mind to .... At any age!!! It's never too late!

I had a much older women at the gym remind me "at any age you can do anything you want as it's never too late!"

I needed to take that advice and get over some fears of mine.. Its all the unknowns that make me uneasy about this tri that I'd love to do.. I was reminded that I won't regret doing the tri.. I will regret not doing it.. regardless of how I do and what I find out I need to do better. 
I made my way... follow the foot steps to the pool for swimming laps.. I also ran 7 miles to the gym and home, lifted weights, worked on my abs.. then biked 8.5 miles and swam for 15 minutes.. 
I'm most worried about he transition between swimming and biking.. what should I wear to swim in that I can also wear for the rest of the race? 

I decided to wear a sports bra, tight over the knee leggings.. for the swim.. what did I find out? The sports bra needs to be tighter.. and my legs/butt are ice cold after biking from having wet pants.. 
I do love my new bike ride route. It mostly goes along this flat dirt road.. I pass lakes, wild turkeys and a field full of cows!
I had to yell Mooooo.... unfortunately the cows didn't moo back.. 
It was a good trial in what to wear..for running, biking and swimming. I need to find a new top.. and am now thinking a tri swim suit might be the way to go? Its complicated. I also have to figure out how I want to wear my hair.. It's going to be a tangled mess if it's not braided. Look back to see all my hair styles.. 


No comments: