The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Strawberries and bananas

I was going to give up bananas during my weight loss challenge.. but why? 
This combo is just too good and still low calorie. I am suppose to have 5 servings of fruit a day and I'm guessing by the size of this bowl of fruit, I have all 5 done! 
These yellow blobs look kind of like yellow potatoes.. they are mango's. Steve wanted me to try one today so I cut off a slice of his. I am not really that thrilled with the taste. It's kind of peachy to me and I just don't care for that.. 
I decided to swim first this morning and get in all my laps.. 1 mile in 30 minutes. I was going to run until I got outside and realized it was not only raining but we are having a thunder storm. Not conditions to be running in.. I hate it when my plans get messed up.. I have learned to roll with it and came up with an optional plan. Use all the equipment we have at home.. and lift weights, work on my abs for at least 30 minutes.. right after I finish breakfast. 

Just in case you want to know, it's day 5 of my diet challenge. Steve is already tempting me with hash browns  I'll have a taste which is not part of my plan.. greasy fried foods everything I should stay away from! 

How was my swim? It was good. I was at the pool right at 6am this morning and so was everyone else. All the lanes were full! I always have to do at least 10 to 15 minutes or longer in the hot tub before I can even think of swimming in a cold pool. I spent about 25 minutes warming up this morning. The hot tub was not very hot.  

What did I try new... I was reading that in order to get in idea of what it's like to swim in a lake, close your eyes and swim laps. 

I closed my eyes while my head was in the water and every breath I opened my eyes to see where I was in the pool. It kind of made me relax more to have my eyes closed part of the time.. I really wish I would have swam for an hour now that I know there will be no running today.. 

_________________________________________________

Any swimming training tips? 

Do you ever run in the rain? 

Favorite Fruits? 



No comments: