The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pain in the side...

I have this weird pain in my lower ribs.. it must be some sort of pulled muscle. Good thing I go back to the chiropractor Tuesday. I tried to stretch it out and then decided some good old Excedrin might help at least on my run... 
I did my hilly run this morning. Did you know it's important to plan what kind of training run you will do? Shouldn't running any distance be enough of a training plan? Guess not! 

I am calling my 4 mile hilly trail.. my hill sprint training. Every time I run this route it has at least 6 ginormous hills.. I try to get up them as fast as I can.. I watch my heart rate go from 125...all the way up to sometimes 151.. at the top of the hill.. thankfully, these hills are so big.. the down hill run is even better...  I save the sprint for the end of my run.. when I can see our house, I take off just around the corner and give it my all.. I just pretend the mail boxes are the flags at the finish line.. Sometimes I like to race Steve while he peddles as fast as he can... Today I won.. he didn't know I'd be racing! 
We like to joke around while I run.. and say things like.. "Get on my back while I run.. it would be so fun". you can yell "Go Lorraine, Go." or maybe I should put a rope around my waist and pull you on the bike.. Sprint up the hills to get a double workout.. Wouldn't that be cool..you could lay back, and relax while I do all the work...It's our own weird sense of humor...  ;0)

No comments: