The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Stay away from Perfume Poofs!

You know who they are... The ones that think they need so much perfume they make the nose hairs want to curl and die, making the lungs scream out for fresh air.. It was so bad, I actually stopped working out to move far away. That's right, I'd rather start over where I can breath then have that perfume poof take over my space.. 
I've read some running (fools/people) trying to rack up the miles they run in the month of November. I'm guessing this is a trend to challenge ourselves? Just because it's that time of month where running seems to get hard for everyone. The darker days, colder outside, holidays and change of seasons all brings on a lack of wanting to do much of any running. This run more miles in November challenge is suppose to bring you out of that no-motivation, giving you a purpose and goal to keep it going. I've for one, never added up how much I run in a month. I have my daily and weekly totals, but I never really figure out how many miles I run in one month. So here is goes... 

My grand total of miles I've run for the month of November with taking just 1 full day of rest (no exercise) is 201.6 miles in 29 days. Not too bad that's 20,000 calories I burned! 

I know all my miles are possible because Steve comes with me to the gym 5 days a week. He also bikes next to me while I run.. I know I'm super lucky to have him! 

Yesterday, I was actually thinking of skipping a workout. Hard to believe yes, I know! I had going to breakfast on the brain. After we did some early morning Black Friday shopping..  all the crazies left the stores by this time and we did get a few good deals. Shopping kind of makes me hungry. Thankfully, Steve was driving and we made a good decision to go workout! 
Go figure.. all the Cross ramps were taken at the gym and I didn't have my toes prepped to run on the treadmill so that was out.. We lifted weights then after 15 minutes and no one getting off the cross ramps we decided to try out the Elliptical once again. I have to stay we really had fun. It was different and we all know how important it is to mix things up! Use other muscles to burn more calories and keep our bodies guessing to work it harder. 
We never did go out to breakfast, but because it was Saturday night and happy Hour at Chili's, we had 2 for 1 margaritas, plus chips with salsa. Much better then breakfast! 
Weekends I go it alone at the gym. I am back to building up miles to some day run a marathon..right now.. 12 miles is a good goal to have for my long run. 6 miles on the treadmill at 6mph.. random hills to 1.0 incline.. then 30 minutes or 3 miles on the elliptical random hills and resistance, the last 30 minutes or 3.0 miles on the cross ramp, random hills. I even go to lift weights and do my usual squats, plank and super woman for the day! Feels good and I feel great! 

No comments: