The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How long can you last?

I re-looked at the plank challenge and figured.. I've been doing planks for 19+ days I want to see how long I can hold a plank. Of course it's more fun to do it with someone then alone. 
Steve lasted 2 minutes.. me.. only 1 minute and 30 seconds for the longest I could hold out. This challenge makes you believe that 4-1/2 minutes after 30 days is totally do-able. Not! At least not in our case. My challenge now is to hold a plank for 1 minute and 30 seconds and do that 2x's. Bent arms and straight. In another 20 days we will retest and see how long we can last. 

I felt a lot better going to the gym to run on the cross ramp. Seeing the temperature only in the teens this morning.. burrr.... no way was I going to even consider running outdoors. I'll gladly sweat it up inside the warm gym. I even challenged myself a bit more. I increased the resistance to 12 the entire hour, running 6 miles with the max incline 16 (only goes to 20).  Feeling good and not blah!


Yesterday afternoon we did a little pre-Christmas shopping. It's kind of nice going during the day and before people are really starting to shop for the holidays. We might not have bought much but we did get some good ideas. 


Off to do my daily squats and planks.. then start the day feeling great!
_____________________________________________

How many minutes/seconds can you hold a plank?

Have you started Holiday shopping? 


No comments: