The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, November 2, 2013

I'm a "10"!!!

I did it today! I went from being an average "8" to a TEN!!. That's a ten miler for my long run of the week. I'am no longer stuck at 8 miles for my daily run. 

I love those photos where the runner thinks they look all great running and they look more like this out of breath mess...(I'll have to find that photo). I can totally relate! 


What changed to get me running 10 miles today? I ran a new route. Since I have a GPS watch, I no longer am stuck on running the same route just so I know how many mile I've gone. I actually got in my car and drove to the perfect running route. It was along a beautiful paved path tree covered and into park and around two small lakes. It was also the perfect day to run outdoors. The weather could not have been better, sunny and not too windy. I also know how to refuel  to get me past the 8 mile hump.. Bacon and chocolate Kit Kats.. I finished up the last 2 miles running around our neighborhood. Done in 1 hour and 50 minutes. Slow and easy.. out to enjoy the fall morning and my Saturday run. 

My run took so long this morning, it's lunch and I missed breakfast which is a good thing! I  can move right into eating guacamole, rice and salsa. My favorites! Extra spicy is also a really good idea! 
Street Taco's at The Bin in St Paul. Delicious! Happy Hour.. and beyond.. we found a small, warm wine bar to have some apps and wine.. A nice evening out and really good food. Steve got one of each pork and chicken while I just had a chicken taco. He thought the chicken had more flavor. Good thing I picked the right combo!



At 9pm we turn into pumpkins and head for home. No late nights for us.. That's the price you pay for getting early to workout.. you are way too tired...

No comments: