The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good and ready!


It's hard to do something new, but it will get easier. I'm still holding that to be true. Running when I first ran a mile was hard.. now 13 miles is hard, but I know I can do it. I really want to get over being afraid to run a marathon. The afraid part comes in when I think about not having any toe nails when I finish.. I'm not sure I can take that kind of pain. I'm not sure I even want to experience it? There is a tiny part of me that thinks I can and will try running 26.1 miles some day. I just need to figure out the whole how to keep all my toe nails intact thing first. Like everything else I've done lately, I'll take baby steps until one day, I'm ready.  
We had leftovers again last night for dinner. It still tasted really good. These are the leftovers I like. I did add in some broccoli and Steve cooked up hash-browns and pork chops which were not leftovers, but a good addition to pasta and tomatoes. My food choices are still not the best. I had a moments of weakness. We stopped at Taco Bell and we both were still hungry after our less then thrilling lunch of a Peanut butter on Wheat Bread. I ordered the small nacho's with meat, cheese and asked for extra Pico-de-gallo. I had coupons for free Frost's at Wendy's, so I made Steve go through the drive thru, so I could have my Dixie cup sized chocolate free frosty while he shopped for paint. After dinner I ended the night with a scoop of caramel chocolate cone Ice cream. This is the reason I run.. I do love my desserts.. I have on my todo list "HEALTHY SNACKS" I've given myself 3 choices:
 1. popcorn, 2. Edamomie 3. Sweet potato plain 

I looked ahead to the weather forecast for the weekend. Looks like Saturday is going to be only in the single digits and teens for the high. Guess it won't be an outdoor running morning. So no need to bundle up.. I'll just head on over to the gym. Might be a good day to try out my duck tape the toe nails to see if my theory works and it prevents all my toe nails from lifting.. making them all hurt. 

No comments: