The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, November 29, 2013

I should be sleeping!

I have zero idea of why I can't sleep at 4am? 
Is it because I hear snoring? 
Or maybe I'm sad over finishing the last of the Hunger Games books, Mocking-jay before I went to bed?

 For whatever reason here I am up at 4:45am.. and no, not going out shopping in the wee hours on Black Friday. Tempting as it does sound, I can't think of anything I really need to buy. 
Too early for the gym.. but I do want to run 2 hours again this morning! I'm trying hard to exhaust myself with another 12 miles. 
I should have been extremely full from the Turkey dinner.

Yes, we had 5 pies for the 10 of us. We had a pumpkin-orange pie (I didn't try that one), sweet potato, pumpkin, chocolate and pecan. My favorites: Chocolate and Pecan. I'm sure sweet potato would have been my favorite if not for the other 2 pies. After spending $12.99 on that pecan pie from Bakers Square, you bet it had to be my favorite! I'm controlling myself and not going to eat a slice this very second!
 
Steve carved up the Turkey.. For some reason it became the entertainment.. I can see everyone salivating.. wait to eat that bird

My favorite is my fathers recipe. He made the best stuffing. Steve makes 3 different stuffing versions so everyone is happy. I like mine with wild rice, and Steve added the cranberries which is really good. He makes an all veggie on for those that don't eat meat, and a plain stuffing for his brother and mother. I usually love sweet potatoes, but marshmallow on top makes it too sweet. A scoop of mashed potatoes that are always good with gravy and a thick slice of turkey. I could skip the roll, but it's one of those flaky/doughy butter rolls.. Eating all this and pie.. 
The only thing you can do after eating all that.. is to put your feet up, read the paper and try not to fall asleep. 
________________________________________________
What's your favorite kind of pie? 
How was your T-day? 
Who carves up the bird? 

No comments: