The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Carb Loaded and then some!

I was super excited to make some bread yesterday. It's always fun to try new bread making techniques and it's been a long time since I baked bread. Everyone agreed the bread was crispy on the outside and tasty on the inside. It was really good this morning toasted with jelly. 
I've been really using my pasta making attachments for the mixer. I really want to try adding spinach and squash to the dough. I have so many recipes to try. 
Steve made these delicious stuffed tomatoes with couscous. 
All the good stuff on one plate. 

Sunday night family dinner. 

My 2nd attempt to make a Key Lime Pie with Meringue. I added extra lime and tried adding cream of tarter to the meringue to help keep it firm. I still ended up pouring out some liquid juice after it was cooled down. I have no idea of why this keeps happening? Any Meringue experts out there?  
I'm not usually the one cooking and it took all day to make Sunday night dinner. I can 100% appreciate all the work that goes into making a meal. Good thing I don't have to do it all the time, only when I want. Which is the best way to cook. You just have to be in the mood to spend the day in the kitchen. 
I've noticed a tiny hole starting in my favorite running shoes.  The mesh by the toes is ripping just a bit. I'm going to help keep these shoes around as long as I can and just wear my other running shoes to the gym. 

Today we ran inside.. 60 minutes, 6 miles on the cross ramp followed by ab exercises for 10 minutes. I came home and the kids wanted to do my 2 minute planks. I finished off with 50 squats then got out the weights and worked out my arms. I have little time to do as much resistance training as I'd like so now I'll just come home and lift weights. 

No comments: