The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Headaches are a run stopper!

I really thought I'd feel okay to get up and run this morning after last nights wine tasting. Guess my head had other plans.. 
We did have a really good time with friends. My plan was to try all the sweet white wines. 
I pretty much just let the guys hang out and drink together. This was the holiday party of wine, hard liquor and beer and while they sampled a little of everything, I just stuck to my wine. 
We were the first to arrive and the last to leave. The nice thing is that all the suppliers leave bottles of unfinished wine and beer. We had our own big taste test after.. 
 It's also fun to hit up the cheese and cracker table. This one didn't have as good of spread for food as the last wine tasting but it was still pretty good to go with the wine. Who am I to complain about free food. 

I completely forgot to take a photo at dinner. Before the tasting we went to dinner with Kendra and Paul at Doolittles. Steve and I shared wings and a salad. Both were really good but not enough food and my head sure did pay for it in the morning by not eating enough and not having enough water. Live and learn.. over and over.. 
Steve said I should not even eat this for lunch.. but I love Kraft Mac and Cheese. Knowing I'd be not eating much for dinner.. why not? 
Cheers... and off to run later on in the afternoon.. I'll be inside staying warm.. first day of freezing temps. It might look all nice and sunny out there but looks are deceiving!

No comments: