The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, November 11, 2013

November Blah's

I'm am struggling today. I certainly didn't want to get up to go workout at the gym. When the alarm went off at 5am I just tried to pretend I could still sleep. I didn't feel like going and running on the cross ramp and it was way too dark to run outside. 
I'm not good at sleeping in and after 5 minutes or less I was dragging myself out of bed searching for my indoor workout clothes. I decided I should start getting back my fitness level of weight lifting so I would do that instead of run. 

After 30 minutes of lifting weights and not really waking up, I decided to join Steve and run on the cross ramp. I only had 33 minutes before we needed to leave for home. At least I got in 3.3 miles and worked up a sweat. I decided I'd just run the rest outside. 
There wasn't any snow falling or on the ground but it sure was cold! I dressed in my usual layers.. I just forgot my feet and they were frozen. I couldn't even feel my toes. I ran the neighborhood, 1.54miles in a slow 16 minutes and called it quits. I'm feeling like a slug, weak, tired and very unmotivated. I hope it's just the November Blah's.. I'm not liking how I feel about running, my weight or working out. I've felt like this in the past and it will pass. I know that. There are good days and bad days and those blah days. I just can't quit.. I do need to revise my plan of attack to start feeling more energized. 

Here's my last week re-cap on working out.. As you can see, I wasn't all that lazy.. but it never feels like enough. 

Running outside/cross ramp combo: 40 miles
Plank minutes; 16
Squats 7 days with 50 daily
weights 3 days, 15 minutes per day 


No comments: