The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

All Good things..

I completely skipped workout 100% yesterday and took a rest day to relax and recover from the wine tasting. I really had zero time to fit in that workout or get in a run... I worked till noon, then the kids and I went to see the Hunger Games, Catching Fire. Excellent movie! 
This morning I felt great.. slept in until a decent hour, got up and drove myself to the gym. I was super lucky and everyone must have been taking a Sunday rest day. Hardly anyone! I like this... I pictured it crazy busy especially since I was there much later. I ran on the treadmill.. I decided to try out my duck tape and band-aid the toes to see if that helps??

Don't laugh, It might look really odd... but it really did work. I was able to run 6 miles at 5.7 for 60 minutes with zero toe nail pain. That's a winner in my books! 
I was at the gym for 2-1/2 hours total. After I was done running 6 miles on the treadmill I took a short water break and went to run for another hour on the Cross Ramp. 12 miles total in 2 hours. I could have called it a day but I really wanted to get in some abs and arm toning so off to do my usual.. Came home and found the kids starving.. waiting for crepes! Still in sweat soaked clothes, I whipped up crepes for the family. It was just what I needed because with only having 1 slice of wheat bread with Peanut butter I too was starved! 

 We really should make crepes every weekend. They are so good with Grape and Raspberry jelly. Delicious!!!
 The kids like apple jelly too but I just stick to my favorites..
 The whole crepe making goes really fast if I use 2 pans so I'm able to make 2 at a time. Everyone is super picky and likes crispy, crispy crepes. 

I have also been wanting to make Caramel rolls. I make a double recipe so I have plenty to share. I was able to make three pans so I'll give away 2 and keep the rest for breakfast tomorrow. 
I had to sample a small taste, just to make sure it was really good. Yum.. Can't wait to eat this tomorrow. 

I made Bread..Just one big round loaf for Sunday night family dinner. I really do like making bread. 


Which reminds me, I must make honey butter to eat with it. super yummy! 
I never got a chance to sit down after my morning run.. off to indoor soccer with Logan. They call it fusbul or something like that. Fast paced soccer and really fun to watch. Logan has the ball.. 


Sunday night family dinner...my favorite day of the week.. 

No comments: