The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Recovery run, Great idea! and best home made meal!

My recovery plan after my virtual half marathon was to keep moving. I never had time to lay around on the couch all day which was a good thing. I think it would have just made me stiff and sore. 
I really felt good this morning so off for a run I went.. I always feel pretty good running the first 4 miles and with Steve biking along side of me it pushes me to run at a faster pace. 

I was on my own the last  4 miles. I like to just run at what ever I feel like. More of a cool down 4 miles. 
A lot slower going from a 9 something mile minute to a 10 + min mile. 
I had a great idea!!! I figured out another great use for Duck Tape. I'm going to try taping down my toe nails with Duck Tape before I run on the treadmill to see if this will prevent black toe nails? I'm thinking the tape will prevent my toe nails from lifting up if they are taped down unable to go anywhere. Will it work? Might need to try that out on Monday. I'll be running with 10 toes taped up! 

I had the most delicious toast this morning. Guess I should have browned it up a bit more but I was starving.. Our Friend JP made this delicious bread for last nights dinner. I was happy to find leftover bread. It tasted amazing the next day too! I like making bread too so I picked his brain on how to improve my bread making skills. I am going to try some new things I learned on my bread today. 
 JP's bread was so good, it didn't even need butter. That in its self is amazing!
Dinner last night was all home cooked. It took 3 chefs to pull this dinner off. 
Chicken Marsala  and green salad was made by Steve, I made the homemade pasta noodles, JP made the bread and Brussels sprouts. Julie knows it's best to just stay on the other side of the kitchen. Usually I'm with her on this one.. The men are best at being the two cooks in the kitchen. 
Every thing tasted super good. 
I have no idea why I don't always make my own pasta. It's so easy. It also tastes 100 time better then boxed noodles. 
Thanks Julie and Jp for a fun cooking night.. 

We finished off the meal with my home made Key lime pie, I was a bit worried it was going to be all watery and mush. It was limey and I personally liked the meringue with a touch of vanilla on top. This bottle of lime is the key to good pie

If you want to make this pie.. it's on the back of the bottle. The meringue is just 4 egg whites, powder sugar 1/3 cup and a touch of vanilla.. beat until stiff, pour on top and bake. 

No comments: