The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Keep Going..

Some days it's super tough to stay motivated to run and workout.  I'm am really struggling with afternoon eating snacks that are unhealthy. The exercise I pretty much have down but it's never easy that first mile.. 
I really believe that what's helped me stick with exercising daily is this weekly chart.. I journal my food, exercise and todo list. Anything to help remind me and keep me on track.. I even write down those unhealthy snacks. 
I keep track of how many miles I've ran on the cross ramp, treadmill or outside, if I do planks and my squats and lift weights. See that 100? I've been almost keeping track for 100 weeks now.. and I'm still working out daily which means this journal is working! 
Planks are finally starting to feel not so bad, I'm shaking a little less each day after 17days and the last 10 days I've been doing 2 minute planks. The squats have stayed the same from day 1, 50 and no more but it's been 11 weeks and I'm still doing them daily.  I don't need to add too much. Just keep going until I want to challenge myself more. Some-days and weeks just going through the motions is enough of a push. I don't need to keep adding more and more time, or more exercises or run faster and faster. Sometimes nice and slow is good. That's where I am at right now.. Slow running. 10-1/2 minute miles.. 
I'm just proud of me for going outside to run in the cold. I've been doing my squats before I step outside to warm up. I think this really helps me want to go out in the cold to cool off. I'll eventually feel like speeding up my running time.. Or increase my miles. Today, I just wanted to go slow.. around our neighborhood close to home and make stops every 1.5 miles to get rid of clothes, drink some water then go back out.. 4 miles good enough.. in 43 minutes. It's a busy work day.. lots to do and plans to lift weights tonight!

No comments: