The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Eat Like a Rabbit

I spent some quality time with Paige our bunny last night. She sheds a ton so I end up covered in fur. I'd probably hang out with her more on the couch if I didn't end up so furry. She sure is soft and cute and a good buddy.. she just kind of sits there waiting for me to scratch her back. 
Steve wanted to try some new spice package and on the back was a recipe for this pork chop with apples and onions. The kids didn't like it but we both did.. he also cooked up some pan fried potatoes. I should start eating like a rabbit.. more salad and veggies. 
Steve and I both decided we would try and lose some weight. We would cut out bread but only eat it for breakfast, not all day long. Just eat a lot more veggies. Sounds like an easy plan and something we can do without much effort. 
While driving home from the gym early this morning. The radio people were talking about how up beat one woman said "Hello" every day. Some thought it was over the top, too happy and obnoxious. The woman then went on to explain every morning she has a little weird self talk to get her all perky.. "I'm the best, I can do this, today will be better then yesterday and then does a "Ya..Whoo".  Of course we had to make fun of this.. Funny thing is that we came in the door and our kids gave us this weird look.. We did some Ya-whoo's to them.. It's the new "Hi, how are you" we told them. It actually made me get in a good happy mood by just saying something completely silly. So my new thing is just to say Ya-Whoo and see what response it gets. 
Yesterday, I was complaining yet again about being in the car all night. You know it's the drop kids off to practice, and then drive home only to turn around 30 minutes later and pick them up. The other option is to stay.. Sit and do nothing for an hour. Decisions, decisions. I got to thinking about a neighbor woman and her positive outlook on the situation. The kids will only be young once and I should enjoy it all and be excited to spend every night in my car driving all around town.  I do like to watch my kids have fun and be a part of something. I just would rather be partaking in the activity then just being the driver. It makes me depressed to just run and drive all over and waste my night when I could be doing so much more with myself. I just need a little Ya-Whoo I get to spend the night driving all over. This is going to be so much fun. Not! 


No comments: